Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hazy on the concept




California pizza is an oxymoron. Pineapple, alfalfa sprouts, baco-bits, artichoke hearts and chicken wings doth not a pizza make.

I'm from NY so I've had the best. Admittedly, I'm a snob. But a proper pizza does not ever have steak tartar or sushi on it.

And what is this thing called Stuffed Pizza? I saw one that was not only double-crusted like your mom's apple pie but had fritters and ranch dressing in it. Is this some kind of sick joke or what?

Why not just pop an English muffin doused with ketchup in the microwave and call it a pizza?

4 comments:

d~ said...

One time I had a taco pizza. Please don't hate me, but I really liked it.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I'm considering making a gaspacho pizza for dinner tonight.

jali said...

I'm a chick from Queens and what passes as pizza here kills me!

I went to a (disgusting) place called CeCe's that people raved about - Yuccccchhhhh.

I need a neighborhood pizzaria and I need it now.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

You ain't lyin'. I've lived in the South, too, and I know that's right.