Sunday, August 05, 2007

Awards

Maht at The Moon Topples has given me the Creative Blogger Award. This means a lot to me as I value creativity tremendously, and would love to think that I have some. It is especially complimentary coming from one whose own writing I very much admire. Thank you so much, Maht.


I would like to offer it to my husband, Flip, whose unique creativity I enjoy on a regular basis. His fledgling blog, The Flip Side, hasn't been around very long, but he is the most universally creative person I know, a marvelous musician, artist, and photographer. He also has the uncanny ability to make anything work, and is a master at spinning straw into gold.


I also received the Thoughtful Blogger Award from Scarlett at From the Shores of Introspect and Retrospect along with everyone else on her blogroll. I hope I'm thoughtful. I try to be. Sometimes, I'm not sure, but thank you, Scarlett.


I would like to select a specific recipient for this one, even though I hold everyone on my blogroll in the highest regard or they wouldn't be there.

Claudia at On a Limb with Claudia is always supportive of others, and makes them feel appreciated and cared for. She is sensitive and kind, and her posts are always interesting or fun to read. I admire the fact that she never allows herself to be clever at the expense of others, but uses her delightful wit to heal her own corner of the world whenever possible.


So that's it, folks. My work is done here.

27 comments:

Open Grove Claudia said...

WOW!! AN AWARD! And a COOL award too!! WHOO HOOO!!

I don't usually win awards. Ok, I won an award for speech and debate when I was a freshman in high school but since then? Yeah. I don't win awards!

Thank you so much for the honor of the award, but more than that, the kind words. Boy... (blushing)... I'm even missing those 3 IQ points.....

Thank you! What an honor!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Claudia,

You are so welcome. You were the first person who came to mind when I thought about it because everything I said is true, and then some.

Although you may want to take it under advisement as I'm sure I'm missing more than 3 points.

Sienna said...

That's so beautiful.

Pam

thailandchani said...

Sounds like a blog I want to read! :)


Peace,

~Chani

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are indeed Thoughtful and Creative.

Christina_the_wench said...

Congratulations, heart.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Congrats. And nice choice to pass it on to Claudia.

velvet said...

As always, well deserved. :)

Unknown said...

You deserve them. Each and every one :-)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Pam,

Thank you!

Chani,

Claudia is lovely. You'll like her.

Reflective,

I must be. I read you all the time. :)

Christina!

My favorite wenchie.

Squirrel,

It was an obvious and easy choice.

Velvet,

You're always so kind.

Wng,

Many thanks.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Very well done!
You are quite creative, and very thoughtful....
and you spread it!

I also think you are extremely clever... but I haven't seen the Clever Blogger Award come around yet. If I do, it's yours.

Congratulations!


Scarlett & V.

Liv said...

Thanks for introducing me to some high quality blogs! The Google reader doth overwhelm!! :)

Ian Lidster said...

You so thoroughly deserve the awards, you very interesting, thoughtful, intelligent, witty and just all around terrific blogger, you. I cannot imagine not checking out your thoughts on a virtually daily basis.
Ian

Eastcoastdweller said...

Well, You deserved that award, Susan! And now I will check out Claudia's blog, on the strength of Your recommendation.

The CEO said...

Well deserved, and now I'll look at your choices. Thank you!

Jocelyn said...

Awards well, um awarded.

Being married to someone who spins straw into gold is the best, best, best trait I can imagine.

Lucky you. Lucky Flip.

molly said...

Creative and thoughtful certainly describe you and your blog. I love coming over here---never know what I'll find, but it's unfailingly interesting and lively...

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Scarlett,

I haven't seen any "Clever Blogger" awards either, but there must be one. There seems to be an award for everything.

The one I really covet is "Most coffee spilled on keyboard while laughing at other people's blogs."

Liv,

Happy I could help! :)

Ian,

Well, all of that applies to you as you're a must-read for me as well.

Eastcoaster,

Go into some of Claudia's back posts, too. You'll be delighted with her, as I am.

Jocelyn,

Yeah, he walks on water, too, but for that, he needs a surfboard.

Molly,

You have just expressed perfectly my feelings about yours. I can never predict what topic will have inspired you, but you're always a delight to visit.

Liz Dwyer said...

Absolutely impeccable judgement on the part of Maht and Scarlett!

And it's so heart-warming to see how much you love your husband. :)

furiousBall said...

Well deserved amiga. Claudia is a very supportive person, good call.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out your hubby's blog. And I agree, Claudia is a fun read!

Voyager said...

Thoughtful and creative describes you well. Thanks for sending us Flip's way, I'm enjoying his photos.
V.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Liz,

Thank you so much. And I do love him, but he is also incredibly creative, even though it reeks of nepotism.

Furious,

Claudia is the best, always thinking of others, and she can be terrifically funny, too.

La Cubana,

That sounds like a good activity for those who are too exhausted to do anything more active, not to mention any names...

Voyager,

I'll tell him you said so. Thanks for visiting him.

Odat said...

Well deserved my friend...
Peace

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Odat,

Thank you for the kind words, my friend.

CS said...

Congratualtions on both awards!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Cs,

Thank you so much!!